- Does it seem that treatment is no longer working?
- Are you making frequent visits to the ER or hospital?
- Are symptoms, such as increased shortness of breath, fatigue, pain or nausea, worsening?
- Does your loved one seem more withdrawn? Is s/he sleeping more?
- Does s/he struggle with activities of daily living such as walking, eating, dressing, or going to the bathroom?
- Is the family or primary caregiver feeling overwhelmed?
- Are caregivers becoming isolated due to patient care?
- Do family members need emotional support to help cope with the patient’s declining status?
- Are you feeling physically and emotionally exhausted?
- Would it help to have someone to talk to?
If hospice seems like an option, Hospice of Stanly & the Uwharrie will be glad to schedule a free in-home evaluation to help determine if it is time for hospice care. Call us at 704-983-4216 or 800-230-4236 to ask questions or schedule a visit.
Judaism Hospice and Palliative Care – Questions and Answers (1)
Engagement Utilization of Adv Care Planning Hospice in Different Older Asian Am Populations