To speak with a member of our team, call us at 704-983-4216 or 800-230-4236. We are available for you 24 hours/day.
Hospice of Stanly & the Uwharrie is here to offer you and your loved one support at journey’s end.
Anyone can make a referral to Hospice of Stanly. Our admissions team is available to speak with you and help you determine if hospice care is right for you and your loved ones.
We can help determine insurance coverage for hospice care and explain the varying levels of service we provide.
When is it time for hospice?
Hospice care can be most helpful when services are started early on and trusting relationships can be formed between families and the hospice team. Watch for these indicators that may suggest end-of-life care is appropriate:
– patient declines aggressive treatment
– treatment is no longer showing results
– frequent visits to the Emergency Department or in-patient admissions
– worsening symptoms of shortness of breath, fatigue, pain, nausea, etc.
– nonhealing wounds
– increase in sleeping hours
– decline in activities of daily living/functional status
– family/caregivers feel overwhelmed
– emotional support needed
Families of current hospice patients should call 704.983.4216 any time your family member has a change in symptoms — including pain, trouble breathing, constipation, sadness, etc.